The Maintenance Manager will oversee all maintenance functions, including staffing, project management, and facilities / grounds / equipment maintenance. The position is located in Columbus, OH and is full-time.
ASAP – Q1 2023
Head of Cemeteries
- Oversee the maintenance team and handle the recruiting, training, and managing a team of lawncare and general maintenance staff
- Monitor daily interment schedule to complete all work orders and markers/monuments installations in a timely manner and within company guidelines and state regulations
- Track inventory of equipment, supplies, and merchandise and perform regular maintenance
- Liaise with third party vendors to quote larger scale projects at the cemeteries and oversee execution of the work
- Ensure crews are properly trained on company procedures, safety, and equipment
- Maintain culture of hard work and accountability at all levels of the maintenance team
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety
- 3 years of experience using and maintaining equipment, including vehicles, mowers, trimmers, blowers, backhoes, etc.
- Proactive demonstration of team mentality and a positive and solution-driven attitude
- Motivated, self-starter who requires minimum supervision, but able to follow directions when required
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Must be looking for a long-term employment opportunity and strive to grow with our business
Employees may participate in the company health, dental, and vision insurance plans after the completion of a 90-day trial period. The employer contributes 50% of the health insurance expense for a single individual. All other expenses are at the option of and borne by the employee.
Employees may participate in the company 401(k) plan after the one-year anniversary of employment. The company will match up to 6% of employee-contributed funds (capped at an annual compensation of $50,000 per employee) to the 401(k) plan, subject to a retention schedule.